Who We Are
Elmer's Aquarium was founded in 1969 by Elmer Knabe and his wife Catharine. Over the years the store expanded several times into four adjacent store-rooms and basement.
Elmer's Aquarium is still family owned and operated. Elmer Knabe passed away in 1995. Elmer's son Gary, and his daughter, Karen have been involved with the business since its beginnings and operate the store today.
We have always specialized in offering a large selection of healthy tropical fish. Today we have one of the longest established business in the Monroeville area.
- Gary Knabe: Elmer's son Gary is the company president. Gary helped his parents open the store in 1969. Gary has been the company president for the past 36 years.
- Karen Lukacsena: Elmer's daughter Karen is the company vice-president. She has been with the company since 1969.
Our management team consists of some of the areas most experienced aquarium hobbyists.
- James "Doc" Herman: On staff since 2004
- Diane Tatters: On staff since 2008
- Maria St. Clair: On Staff since 2012
- Brian McGinnis: On Staff since 2013
- Matt Repack: On staff since 2013
- Debra Coll: On staff since 1993
- Steve Zarod: Steve is our Aquarium Service Department manager and has been with the company since 1995.
- Nick Evanchec: Nick has been with our service department since 2005.